Implementing social media into your business marketing strategy is a key element to its success. In fact, if you’re not using social media as part of your business marketing strategy, you’re missing out on some serious revenue. With over three billion active social media users, it’s a great opportunity to connect, engage, and gain customers for your business.
Benefits of Social Media
First off, let’s outline some of social media’s benefits. There are so many benefits to using social media in your marketing strategy. Here are five of them:
- Cost Effective Marketing – There are not going to be many people you know who don’t have at least one social media account. In most cases, the only requirement is to be an adult. That’s right! Social media is at no cost to you. That means you can post as much as you want about your business and what you do. The more you post, the more people will become familiar with your offering.
- Increase Brand Awareness – Social media is not only a cost-effective way to get your brand out there, but it makes you visible to more people. Imagine if everyone who saw your post liked or shared it. That would give people you don’t even know access to your brand. And if they repeated that same process, that means it’s limitless the number of homes your brand could reach.
- More Traffic – When more people know about your brand, they will eventually click on your site out of curiosity, which creates more traffic for your site. Without the help of social media, your traffic would be limited, if not stalled. It’s great to have family and close friends always on your site, but for your business to earn revenue and ultimately earn a profit, it’s critical to connect with new people daily.
- Higher Conversion Rates – It doesn’t take a genius to know that the more traffic that comes to your site, the more likely you’ll get a sale. The people who are clicking into your site are doing so for a reason. You either have what they need or you’ve piqued their interest enough to consider trying something you offer. The more visitors that take the time to check out your offerings, the better for your business. You’re bound to have conversions.
- More Credibility – The more people see your company engaged with its followers, the more credibility you’ll build for your brand. Regularly interacting with customers demonstrates that your business cares about customer satisfaction and is available to answer any questions that they might have.
As you continue to increase conversion rates, encourage your customers to leave reviews about your product. Satisfied customers are eager to spread the word about a great product or service. They can do this by leaving reviews on Google or sharing through social media. When others see this type of feedback along with your social engagement, it will help to not only broaden the awareness of your brand but increase your credibility with consumers.
Why is Social Media Engagement Important?
Social media engagement can be anything from posting to reacting to someone else’s comment. To receive any of the many benefits gained from being on social media, engagement has to happen. Social media engagement opens up the opportunity to create new followers, new leads for your business, whether to collaborate or convert into customers.
Every blog post, image, video, or comment may lead followers to your company’s website and increase traffic. From there, the potential is limitless. Social media is where most people decide if they want to do business with a company. While engaging with you allows followers to learn more about your brand, you get to also learn about your followers and potential customers. Social media engagement allows you to get ahead of your competitors by meeting the needs of your followers because they’re able to express their needs to you through social media. They’re expressing, and you’re listening.
With every engagement, your human side comes through, and people know you’re not just a company with a product. They know the person behind the brand cares about them and is always trying to improve their product to make their lives better. Ultimately, people prefer to do business with other people rather than companies. And when they see the human side through your stories and posts, they can connect and feel drawn to do business with you. They ultimately learn to trust you. But it all starts with posting.
How to Create Engaging Social Media Posts
While you certainly have a lot of value to share with your followers, make sure you dress it up with something interesting to see. Make a point to add an image or video to everything you post.
While you certainly have a lot of value to share with your followers, make sure you dress it up with something interesting to see. Make a point to add an image or video to everything you post. Repurpose your best pieces of evergreen content into infographics, charts, graphs, and social media images as you continue to share your story.
If you’re encouraging buyers to leave reviews, make every effort to share those reviews through social media. When people are trying to decide if they want to buy a product, they want to hear from people who have already bought it.
The right hashtags will take your posts even further. Research the best hashtags to use on your posts to broaden their reach.
Tell A Story
If you’re on a social media platform that allows you to do stories, tell stories—consistently. Stories are fun and inspiring, but they also attract more viewers. Viewers love stories and will tend to follow them more than regular feed.
Create posts that encourage your followers to interact with one another. Encourage them to like, comment and share, or tag a friend. You could even make a contest out of it for the person who does the most.
Your Free Social Media Solution
Now that you know the importance of posting on social media, make every effort to be consistent with your posting. Our comprehensive social media calendar helps to easily boost engagement and keep you consistent with your posting. The 12-month calendar will identify various topics you can use to create engaging posts. If used properly, you could easily produce over 350 engaging posts. That will help save you time trying to figure out what to post daily and allow you to be strategic with your posting.
Want to see your social media engagement increase? Get the solution for your social media marketing today! Get your calendar here!
If you enjoyed this blog and want to have a look at some of our other pieces click here.