Email marketing is fast growing into a formidable marketing campaign. Thanks to the over 4 billion daily email users, more companies are now paying attention to email marketing. In fact, about 33% of businesses are increasing their email marketing budgets.
As more people prefer receiving marketing content in their emails, who wouldn’t want to go for an email marketing campaign? In this article, we’ll discuss why you should consider email marketing and ways to double your email marketing campaign results.
Let’s get right into it.
What are the advantages of email marketing?
Email marketing is fast growing to be a successful marketing campaign. With a Return on Investment (ROI) of $44 for every $1 spent, there’s no reason why you wouldn’t incorporate email into your marketing campaigns.
If you’re not yet convinced, here are five benefits that set apart this lucrative marketing campaign are;
- Affordability – Email marketing is the cheapest means of raising brand awareness. It doesn’t require advertising, printing, or any media-related costs.
- Measurable – You can measure the success of your email marketing campaign by using web-based software that tracks the performance of your subject lines and designs. You can then use this information to optimise your future campaigns.
- Privacy – Email marketing is a less intrusive way of marketing. Your subscribers get to read your marketing campaigns whenever and wherever they are. It also allows subscribers to update their preferences or unsubscribe from your email list.
- Personalisation and segmentation – With email marketing, you can personalise your content to suit your target audience. All you have to do is segment your list and send different marketing campaigns to each audience. This improves your engagement since the segmented list will receive marketing campaigns suited to their needs.
- Real-time marketing – By pairing up your email marketing campaigns with trigger activities such as recent purchases and online activities, you can connect with your interested clients in real-time with the right offer.
Email marketing has multiple advantages over other marketing campaigns. To enjoy these benefits, you must know how to send the right emails at the right time. So what improvements can you make to send out your email campaign like a pro?
How To Send Emails Like A Pro And Double Results
You have already built your email list. You’ve even sent some emails, but they haven’t met the industry’s ROI target. What improvements can you make to double up your campaign results?
Some of the areas you should consider improving are;
Avoiding The Spam List
Email marketing campaigns may end up on the spam list depending on the number of subscribers you have and the frequency of sending the campaigns. For instance, a blog post with 2,000 subscribers can send email marketing campaigns twice or thrice a week, but this would feel like spam if it had 500 subscribers.
Other ways of avoiding the spam list are;
- Avoid writing your subject line or content in all caps, as that may seem shady.
- Always be on the lookout for your tone by avoiding subject lines with the words like free or congratulations.
No marketing campaign is effective if it ends in the spam folder.
Create Lead Magnets
As the name states, lead magnets aim to generate a steady client base. They work by offering free relevant content to your prospects in exchange for their email addresses. You can provide such content in multiple ways, including;
- Webinars or courses
- Reports or case studies
So, how can you generate, convert and retain leads?
- The best way to attract and retain leads is by offering a straightforward solution to your prospect’s problems. Your answers should be actionable and practical.
- Your lead magnet should be easy to read or watch. It shouldn’t be difficult for your prospects to consume your content.
- Lead magnets should demonstrate the effectiveness of your solutions; this will create a reasonable conversion rate on the next item you decide to market.
- Lead magnets should be relevant depending on the buyer’s journey. You can offer different opt-in offers to segment your lines and decide where they fit on the buyer’s journey.
The success of your email marketing campaign is gauged by how you convert prospects to buyers.
Email Marketing Metrics You Should Track
Email marketing helps you build relationships with your audience and increase sales. You need to check specific metrics to ensure your campaign delivers results. Below are metrics to track with your campaign and how to improve on these metrics to double your email marketing campaign results.
The delivery rate shows the health of your email list. High delivery rates of 95% indicate that you are reaching your target audience. Customer relationship management software can help you calculate your delivery rate.
You need to do several things to reach a high delivery rate of 95%. They include;
- You can generate convertible leads by ensuring the sign-up button appears on top of your site. Another excellent strategy for improving your leads’ quality is a double sign-in functionality.
- To minimise the chances of your campaign ending up in the spam folder, make your unsubscribe link visible and avoid email spoofing. A high delivery rate highlights a successful email campaign.
Open rate is a crucial metric for measuring the success of your campaign. It delivers insights into the number of emails that clients open. Open rates help in engaging with your audience and securing valid clients.
To improve on this metric, you can;
- A/B test different campaigns. You can use other subject lines to capture the attention of your audience.
- Timing is essential to ensure that your audience opens your campaigns. Check previous campaigns to decide when and at what time is favourable to get a reasonable open rate.
- Also, consider using email marketing campaigns with an offer. It can be a discount or incentive to motivate your list to open your email.
CTR showcases the number of people that clicked one or more links in your email marketing campaign. It plays a vital role in understanding your customer’s preferences and gauges the performance of your subject lines over time. A good CTR should be between 2.91% to 5.01%.
This crucial metric can be improved by;
- Call To Action (CTAs)- engage your audience by offering an eye-capturing call to action. You can change the design of your call to action button to engage your audience. It can be through the lingo or positioning used. Also, reduce the number of links that have CTAs.
Conversion rate measures the success of your email marketing campaign. It represents the percentage of the audience that opened your email marketing campaign and completed the desired call to action. Call to action includes purchasing a product, opting for a webinar, or signing up for a subscription list.
Perhaps, it is the most important metric for email marketers. To leverage the advantages of this metric, you can;
- Use engaging copywriting by being straightforward, personal, relevant, and concise.
- Have an engaging preview text as it enables mobile phone users to decide whether to open up your email marketing campaign.
The unsubscribe rate highlights the number of people that have unsubscribed from your list. It is logical to have an unsubscribe rate of 0.5% utmost. If you have a higher rate, consider the following;
- Checking the relevancy of your content
- Segment your subscription list into clusters depending on browsing history, past purchases, and engagements, such as open rate and click-through rates.
- You can enrich your content to maintain its value in the eyes of your audience.
- You have to generate more leads to make up for your loss of audience.
A successful email marketing campaign requires you to send the right emails at the ideal time. While there are many best practices to double your campaign results, not all will give you the right ROI. So use the best tips to send emails provided above and then check the metrics to make sure you’re getting results. The metrics should give you an idea of what’s working and areas that need improvement.
I hope this article has provided clear guidelines for succeeding in your email marketing campaign. If you have any queries or questions, fire them over to us here, and we can help you double your email marketing results.